We are happy to have you, your friends and your family as our guests at the 2024 New Orleans Airshow.
We are commited to ensuring that your Air Show experience is safe and enjoyable. We ask for your cooperation in keeping potentially dangerous items outside the flight line gates.
All individuals, their vehicles and belongings are subject to search on board NAS JRB New Orleans.There will be checkpoints at the entrace of the event site. To minimize the lines and wait times, please only bring what is necessary. Base security will refuse any unauthorized item (listed below).
Authorized items at Air Show:
- Cell phones, pagers and FRS transceivers
- Handheld portable televisions, radios and VHF scanners
- Small purses or diaper bags for accompanying child
- Cameras and camcorders
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs
- Hand held umbrellas
- Strollers and wheelchairs (these will not be available to rent)
Recommended items to bring:
- Sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sun screen are recommended
- Wear comfortable footgear; the flight line is paved and you may walk long distances
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted near aircraft or in hangars, including the static display area. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- Children's wagons (non-motorized)
- Weapons (regardless of permit) including firearms, knives (such as pocket knives and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray or stun guns
- Ice chests or coolers
- Pets, other than service animals
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, (kick and electric) scooters, hoverboards or skateboards, with the exception of handicapped scoorers
- Backpacks/bags, with the exception of small purses and diaper bags for accompanying child
- Outside food or drinks
Walking sticks, except for handicapped use
Bicycle and Motorcycle Safety:
- Enter the installation at the gate off of Barriere Road
- Park in designated bicycle/motorcycle areas
- Must wear a helment
- Bicyclists must wear light colored clothing. During restricted visibility conditions such as darkness, fog or rain, a reflective vest must be worn
- Motorcyclists must wear long sleeves and a reflective vest
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises and confiscated
- At no time will pets be left unattended in vehicles.