We are happy to have you, your friends and your family as our guests at the 2017 New Orleans Airshow. We will do everything to ensure that your Air Show experience is safe and enjoyable. We ask for your cooperation in keeping potentially dangerous items safely outside the flight line gates. At the entry points to the air show flight line, any bags will be inspected and subject to refusal by security. All individuals are subject to search prior to entering the air show flight line. Backpacks, most bags, ice chests and coolers will NOT be permitted. Security concerns prevent any outside food or drinks being brought onto the flight line. The only exception is baby food, formula/breast milk. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce the inspection time prior to access into the flight line area. Where possible, bring only what you can carry by hand.
• Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises • Sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sun screen are recommended • Water will be available for sale throughout the Air Show area • Wear comfortable footgear; the flight line is paved and you may walk long distances
Smoking is not permitted near aircraft or in hangars, including the static display area. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
Bicycle & Motorcycle Safety
Planning to beat the traffic by riding a bicycle to the air show? To come to the air show on a bicycle please enter the installation at the gate off of Barriere Road. There is bicycle parking available – look for the directional signs. REMEMBER THE HELMET— ON OR OFF BASE! All bicyclists should wear helmets and light colored clothing; however, during restricted visibility conditions such as darkness, fog or rain, reflective clothing should be worn. Motorcyclists must wear helmets, reflective vests and long sleeves and will enter the base at the gate off of Barriere Road or the Blue Gate Road entrance.
The following items will not be permitted on the flight line and are subject to confiscation:
• Weapons (regardless of permit) including firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray or stun guns • Alcoholic beverages, unless purchased from approved vendors • Ice chests or coolers • Pets, other than service animals • Glass containers • Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, (kick and electric) scooters, hoverboards or skateboards • Backpacks/most bags • Outside food or drinks
• At no time will pets be left unattended in vehicles.
• No walking sticks –unless for handicapped use
The following items are permitted on the flight line. All permitted items will be inspected prior to admission to the flight line. It is strongly recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce access time into the flight line area.
• Children's wagons (non-motorized) • PCS/cellular phones, pagers and FRS transceivers • Handheld portable televisions, radios and VHF scanners • Small purses or diaper bags • Cameras and camcorders • Folding chairs and lawn chairs • Hand held umbrellas • Strollers and wheelchairs (these will not be available to rent) • Baby diaper bags if attending with an infant or small child.